Sunday, March 1, 2009

Greetings!

Hello, all!  And by all, I of course mean Ashley, Charlene, and Joey, the only people who I think might be reading this at this point.  Maybe some day I'll gain a bit of readership, but you've got to start small, right?

Here's the story.  I'm a journalism major at Indiana University, and I came into my freshman year thinking I wanted my minor to be political science.  I guess I was really gung-ho about the election, so for awhile, I thought political journalism was my calling.

Nuh-uh.  Not even close.

I started getting absolutely sick of the political scene (even though my candidate DID win, if that tells you anything about me), and realized that I'd rather have a different focus.  Same field, still journalism, but with a different concentration.

I realized that I spent nearly half of my waking hours (and being an insomniac, that's a LOT of hours) watching movies in my room.  Movies are my escape...I can really get into a movie, to the point where I feel really out of place in my own life once I leave a theatre.  And to be entirely arrogant, I've always felt that I take a lot more from movies, and notice more, than a lot of other people do.

So!  I'll be using the blog to critique films.  When I was younger, I always wanted to direct movies (and for a short, slightly embarrassing while, I wanted to act).  But all of that is really risky, so unless I become so confident in myself through film courses at IU that I'm willing to depart from journalism, I'll be keeping with it.  Maybe work for an arts desk or be a critic.  I'm hoping that this blog will get me sort of used to writing about stuff like that.

I doubt I'll post every day.  Like, I highly doubt it.  But I'll post whenever I watch a movie that I want to talk about, which is pretty often.

Hope you enjoy!

-Michelle-

No comments:

Post a Comment